- Preheat air fryer to 400F
- Remove pie from exterior cardboard package
- Leaving pie in the paper tray wrap foil around the pie crust edge
- Cook pot pie for 40 minutes at 400F
- During the last 5-10 minutes remove the foil from the exterior pastry if you like a crisper or well done finish
This recipe is based of using the COSORI Air Fryer (5.8QT model, affiliate link).
Can you cook a pot pie in an air fryer? Yes! Should you? Well, that’s a bit of a tougher question. While the air fryer certainly speeds up the cooking process compared to a regular oven, I wouldn’t say it adds anything in particular to the finished product. Of course if you don’t own an oven, or don’t want to turn it on for a single pie – the air fryer can shave a decent amount off the cooking time.
The above recipe is for the Large chicken pot pie that weighs in a 15 ounces. Smaller pot pies will require less time to cook. Here’s our guide to air frying a small pot pie from Banquet as an example.