- Remove chicken from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, 10-15 minutes
- Preheat air fryer to 370F
- When ready, set temperature to 370F
- Place chicken in single layer in fryer basket, with ample space between each piece, don’t crowd the basket
- Cook for five minutes
- Optionally heat in microwave for 15+30 seconds, see notes below
This recipe is based of using the COSORI Air Fryer (5.8QT model, affiliate link).
The air fryer is the PERFECT way to reheat fried chicken. The hot circulating air re-crisps the chicken exterior and keeps the interior juicy
Your mileage will vary based off the fried chicken you’re working with. If the fried chicken was poor to begin with, even the air fryer won’t save it. Garbage in, garbage out and what have you.
Your precise cooking time might also vary ever so slightly based on the size of chicken, the coating and the cut. Most wings and legs should reheat well with this recipe. Much bigger breast pieces might need refinement. Speaking of which…
I find that while this recipe perfectly crisps the exterior, sometimes the interior of larger pieces of chicken are a little lukewarm. In these instances I sometimes also add a last blast of microwave heat for no more than 15-30 seconds max (1200 watt microwave). This can help bring some of the interior meat up to temperature, without hurting the exterior crust.
As ever, please use common sense and meat thermometers as appropriate to ensure safe eating!
Many variables may influence your own cooking times. If in doubt contact your air fryer or product manufacturer.