- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into wedges
- If not cooking immediately, submerge in cold water to prevent browning
- Drain wedges, pat down with kitchen town to soak excess water if necessary
- Add wedges to container, pour over two tablespoons canola oil
- Season with salt, seal container, shake until evenly coated in oil
- Preheat air fryer
- When ready, set temperature to 400F
- Cook for 15 minutes, shake every 5 minutes to ensure even frying
- Add preferred seasoning, shake, cook two more minutes
This recipe is based of using the COSORI Air Fryer (5.8QT model, affiliate link).
I prefer a fairly thick and chunky sweet potato wedge, so my guide is slightly longer than some. You can of course cook more quickly than 15 minutes if you cut thinner than those wedges you see above.
I use Rubbermaid plastic food prep containers for the oil coating part, they’re really handy in a lot of different air fryer recipes. See our air fryer accessories page here.
Seasoning sweet potato wedges
Here are some spice/seasoning blend ideas to liven up your wedges!
- Sweet ‘n’ smoky – garlic, smoked paprika
- Southwestern – garlic, cumin, cayenne, chile powder
- Indian – turmeric, garlic, paprika, garam masala
- Middle Eastern – sumac, garlic, Aleppo pepper