To cook the new Jimmy Dean Chicken Biscuits in the air fryer requires a little trial and error, but the results are worth it; the chicken comes out crisp and juicy, and the biscuits nice and firm. My own recipe varies quite significantly from what the package estimates the cooking time to be. Be sure to read the notes below on this one.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F
- Remove chicken and biscuits from plastic wrap
- Leaving biscuits out on the counter cook breaded chicken first
- Cook chicken for 10-14 minutes
- During the last two minutes of cooking time, add biscuits to cook alongside chicken
First up, this recipe is for the frozen biscuits. I’m assuming most of us don’t have the forethought to defrost the night before. You’ll note the instructions above have some variability in them – this is due to the fact that the sandwiches themselves are not uniform in size or shape.
The chicken can cook as quickly as ten minutes at 400F but some pieces are larger and may tale up to fourteen minutes. The biscuits are of course a uniform size and take just two monies to cook at 400F.
As ever, be sure to invest in a good kitchen thermometer so you can judge your food’s temperature progress as it cooks.