- Proofed pita dough, see recipe link above
- Preheat air fryer to 400F
- Add prepared (flatted and rolled) pita to air fryer
- You'll probably need to cook the pita one by one
- Cook for 4-7 minutes
- Flip pita for last 2 minutes of cook time
- I find 5-6 minutes is the sweet spot depending on the thickness of the pita bread
I don't feel as though I've yet perfected this recipe just yet but its a solid start. The dough itself seems great, so for sure start there. I think this makes reasonable pita, but not excellent. I think the air fryer dries out the pita a little, but on the flip side, once its cooled it does reheat into a very pliable bread in the microwave.
One fun thing I did try was sprinkling the pita with a variety of seasonings before cooking too - check out the pics - sumac was my favorite!
There's a lot of variability that I'd love to nail down. Please leave me your feedback in the comments if you give it a try.