How to make crispy chickpeas in an air fryer
- Drain one can of chickpeas, no need to rinse
- Place in sealable container, pour over one tablespoon canola oil and salt liberally to season
- Put lid on container, shake for 30 seconds until chickpeas are coated
- Preheat air fryer
- When ready, set temperature to 400F and cook for eight minutes, shaking chickpeas half way through
- Add preferred seasoning to chickpeas
- Cook an extra 2 minutes
Before I got my hands on an aifryer I’d usually either cook my chickpeas in the oven, or fried in the pan. Both of these methods take upwards of 30 minutes and use a LOT more cooking oil. The air fryer not only speeds up the method but uses a fraction of the oil.
Fried chickpeas like this make a wonderful snack or salad topping. Every time I cook them I create a different spice blend, here are my favorites:
- Generic Middle Eastern: sumac, garlic, coriander
- Indian: turmeric, garlic, chilli powder, coriander
- Smoky and spicy: smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic
This website and all recipes are presented as a reference only. Many variables may influence your own cooking times. Read this info on using our recipes.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page if you'd like to comment on this recipe, suggest an improvement or otherwise. You can also join our Facebook Air Frying group to talk to other like minded air frying enthusiasts!