- Preheat air fryer to 400F
- Spray pre-made kofta (see below) with fat free cooking spray
- Cook for ten minutes shaking two or three times
This recipe is based of using the COSORI Air Fryer (5.8QT model, affiliate link).
This faux-meat product from Lightlife is frankly fantastic. Seasoned the right way, the final texture and taste is impressively similar to ground beef. Our current favorite way to use this plant based ground product is for kofta – Middle Eastern style meatballs.
Kofta cooking notes
Add defrosted Lightlife meat to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle over:
- Four tablespoons finely chopped parsely
- Three tablespoons playing, fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- salt, pepper to season
Mix the season meat well by hand – I like to use a latex kitchen glove for mess free mixing. Once mixed well, shape into meatballs. I like to form kofta a little smaller than gold ball size and get 8-10 from the 12 ounce package of meat.
Transfer the kofta to the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove just before air frying and spray literally with cooking oil. Enjoy with your favorite Middle Eastern fixings! I went with saffron rice, home made hummus, Divina kalamata and a fresh fattoush style salad:
Lightlife products in the air fryer
- How to cook Lightlife Smart Dogs in the air fryer
- How to air fry Lightlife Plant Based Sausage
- How to make air fried kofta with Lightlife Plant Based Ground