- Preheat air fryer
- When ready, set temperature to 400F
- Cut two tortillas into triangular chip shape
- Place tortillas in sealable container, season with salt and add one tablespoon canola oil
- Seal container and shake vigorously to coat chips evenly
- Cook for five minutes, shaking half way through
This recipe should work fine for both flour and corn tortilla, indeed in the picture above we used Mission low carb flour tortilla for an even healthier chip. Two tortillas should be enough for one sensible serving.
The main key to this recipe is the chips will try to cling together at first. Try to separate them best you can when you first add to the fryer, otherwise they will all cook together in one big mangled lump. But hey, you might even want that!
Anyway, when you have finished chips, you can make wonderful homemade nachos; we make them with low carb tortillas for a healthy option. Below we’ve served with homemade pico and guac, shredded cheese, seasoned black beans and a side of jicama with tajinn seasoning: